Are you an entrepreneur or coach struggling to get clients? You may not see yourself as a public speaker, but if you want to be a thought leader, make an impact in the world, and have people follow you and work with you, you need to use your voice – and that means you ARE a public speaker!
Showing your face and sharing your stories regularly is essential if you want to build a loyal audience that buys your products and signs up for your services.
“People are deciding whether or not we are for them based on how we show up for them in the every day.”Sally Zimney
So, how are you showing up every day? Are you sharing your message with the people you need to hear it or are you hiding behind a static Instagram post out of fear?
Like speaking coach Sally Zimney says, fear will always be there. Expect it, but don’t let it stop you. In this conversation, we talk about how to reframe fear into excitement, the 4 horsemen of public speaking that keep you from sharing your message with the world, the common mistakes new public speakers make and how to fix them, and lots more. Let’s dive in!
In This Episode:
- Welcome Sally! Her story and how she found her calling. [02:39]
- What was stopping Sally from starting her business? [07:41]
- Why visibility is key to business success. [12:02]
- The 4 horsemen of visibility that stop you from getting yourself and your work out there. [18:49]
- Making friends with fear. [19:48]
- How perfectionism is stopping you from showing up authentically – and how to overcome it. [20:35]
- How Sally got over her fear of judgement. [23:13]
- How to have “courageous conversations” with people and communicate your needs clearly and compassionately without arguing. [24:17]
- How perfectionism is sabotaging your business. [26:44]
- What advice would Sally give to entrepreneurs who are just getting started with public speaking and are still very nervous about it? [30:40]
- What are the most common mistakes new public speakers make? [35:39]
- How to build a connection with your audience and share your story and your message so that it’ll land with them. [39:50]
- Sally’s advice on how multi-passionates can create a business and life around all their passions. [43:39]
- Parting words and how to connect with Kimberly. [45:44]
Join Sally’s 7-day “Be Visible” Challenge: https://www.bemoved.com/bevisible
Follow Sally on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sallyz_bemoved/
Check out Sally’s website: https://bemoved.com/
Join Sally’s Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/emergingspeakersociety
Connect with Giorgia on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/itsgiorgiag/
Take the quiz: How Are You Sabotaging Your Business Success?
“Our relationship with fear changes. As we build more self trust. And so that’s my goal as a coach is to help build the sense of self assurance. I can do this. I’ve been here before I can handle difficult things, even if it doesn’t go perfectly, it’s gonna be okay.”
“We just build a different level of tolerance for that fear so much so that it doesn’t feel like fear anymore. It starts to feel more like what I call excitement. It’s the same physiological response happening in our bodies.”
“The words are a part of it, but the way in which the words are expressed is where the power comes from. And that is all about your body. So we want to sync those up.“