Life is full of challenges. When faced with one, you can either give up and go back to the safety of your comfort zone… or you can face it and emerge stronger and in a better place than you were before.
It’s your level of resilience that helps you push through life’s challenges and determines how quickly you get back up. So how do you get more resilient?
One of the habits of resilient entrepreneurs is not believing their inner critic and not buying into the negative stories it tells you – they know they’re not true.
“And then on the negative emotion side of it, what am I making this mean about me? Because nothing really has meaning unless we give it meaning.”Kimberly Smith
Kimberly Smith is the founder of Encompass Life Coaching, an internationally certified Life, Career, & Business Coach, specializing in mindset, stress management, and resilience.
Through coaching services, speaking, and writing, Kimberly helps busy women, mothers, and entrepreneurs stop stressing and focus, so they can flourish within their careers, families, businesses, and relationships.
In this conversation, we talk about how to build resilience and bounce back quickly from any challenge life throws at you, the tools to have difficult conversations, and lots more. Let’s dive in!
In This Episode:
- Welcome Kimberly! Her story and how she found her calling. [02:31]
- How to build your “bounce back” ability when things don’t go your way. [05:31]
- A failure that set Kimberly up for later success. [06:50]
- How to reframe negative stories and beliefs into positive ones. [10:29]
- What are the main traits and characteristics of resilient people? [13:17]
- What actions or steps can people take to become more resilient? [17:22]
- How to build resilience in relationships, especially after divorce. [21:57]
- How to have “courageous conversations” with people and communicate your needs clearly and compassionately without arguing. [27:31]
- An example of how having “courageous conversations” has enhanced Kimberly’s business and life. [31:25]
- What was holding Kimberly’s back from starting her business and how did she overcome it? [36:01]
- Kimberly’s advice on how multi-passionates can create a business and life around all their passions. [44:23]
- Parting words and how to connect with Kimberly. [43:37]
Recommended book: Outrageous Openess: Letting The Divine Take The Lead by Tosha Silver
Download FREE The Mindset Bundle: “The Gift of Calm” ebook + “Elevate with Affirmations: Guide https://www.encompasscoachingservices.com/thegiftofcalmebook
Follow Kimberly on Instagram: https://instagram.com/Kimberly.Brooke.Smith
Follow Kimberly on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/encompasscoachingservices/
Follow Kimberly on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kimberlybrookesmith/
Check out Kimberly’s website: http://www.encompasscoachingservices.com
Check out Kimberly’s group programme, the Empowered Resilient Woman: https://www.encompasscoachingservices.com/empoweredresilientwoman
Connect with Giorgia on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/itsgiorgiag/
Take the quiz: “How Are You Self-Sabotaging Your Business Success?”
“You don’t have to be friends with everybody. You don’t have to come out of every engagement with an acquaintance or business partner or colleague or anything being so chummy, chummy, but finding common ground, being tolerant, being respectful and learning how to work together for a common goal.”
“I don’t need to be fake. I don’t need to show up as somebody else to make this person like me, but I do need to be an advocate for my needs.”
“I really only entertain those two possibilities that I’ll either get this or it’ll lead to something even better.”
“And so when you stay in situations that aren’t healthy for you. You pay for it, with not necessarily with money, but with your time, with your energy, with your spirit, with all of that, it’s just so draining.“
“Remain open to just what falls in your lap or what comes up. Every day is an adventure and you get to, you get to pick and choose what, what you wanna do.”
“There is this subconscious commitment to life being hard and life being a struggle. And I think that you, the biggest shifts for me have happened when I was no longer willing to accept that for myself.”