Are you holding back from starting your business because you don’t have any experience or credibility in the industry?
If you do what you say you’re gonna do, even when it’s inconvenient or annoying or you don’t feel like it, it’s just such a great way to build credibility when you’re starting out with none.Kat McCoy
Kat McCoy is the founder of Best Kept, a jewellery concierge service that helps people find the perfect jewellery gift for their loved ones. When she started, she knew nothing about the industry – and it ended up working in her favour.
Kat is the perfect example of what’s possible when you decide to pursue your dreams and not let fear stop you. In this interview, she talks about the fears she had to overcome, the mindset shifts that helped her build a successful business, how she got her first few clients and so much more (including her top tips for choosing a memorable jewellery gift). Let’s dive in!
In This Episode
- Welcome Kat! Her story and why she started her jewellery business.
- How did Kat know jewellery was her calling?
- What fears and limiting beliefs were stopping Kat from starting her business?
- One fear Kat had to overcome to succeed in business.
- How Kat overcame her reluctance to being the face of her brand and promote her business.
- What did Kat do to stand out in her industry when she started her business?
- What are the biggest challenges people have when buying jewellery?
- Kat shares the process she takes her clients through to help them buy the right jewellery gift.
- Kat’s recommendations for buying jewellery for Valentine’s Day.
- What surprised Kat about running her business?
- How did Kat decide to focus on engagement rings, after previously swearing she would never do that?
- What advice would Kat give to someone wanting to start a creative business?
- How investing in personal growth has helped Kat grow her business.
- Parting words and how to connect with Kat.
Check out Kat’s website: https://www.bestkept.com/
Take the Success Archetypes quiz: https://thetreasureswithin.net/quiz
Book your FREE Discovery Call with Giorgia: https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=17213636&appointmentType=11135907
Connect with Giorgia on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/itsgiorgiag/
“People buy from people and so, having to really put yourself out there and talk to the camera and put your face out there in a more public way took a little bit of time to do, but I realize how important it is, and there’s definitely a direct correlation between the quality of the marketing I’m doing and sales.”
“People wanna be the hero in their own story. And so realizing that it’s not about how spot on my curated recommendations are, it’s about my client making a choice that they’re really excited about, that they feel confident in, and that they’re the hero of this transaction. So it sounds obvious in hindsight, but it’s something that I kind of had to take my ego outta things and learn, and it’s been really powerful to set people up for success versus try and take the spotlight or the glory in that.”
“Prioritizing personal growth is also a way to prioritize your business.”