I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.
How do you discover your life purpose and find your passion?
I don’t know about you, but whenever I have a problem, I turn to books. They’re like wise friends who always know what you need to hear and give you the right advice.
So, when I was confused with what the heck to do with my life, I delved deep into the Passion & Purpose section at the bookstore.
Here are the best books on finding your life purpose and passion I’ve come across:
- 1. I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was: How To Discover What You Really Want And How To Get It By Barbara Sher With Barbara Smith
- 2. The Art Of Work: A Proven Path To Discovering What You Were Meant To Do By Jeff Goins
- 3. The Crossroads Of Should And Must: Find And Follow Your Passion By Elle Luna
- 4. Find Your Passion: 25 Questions You Must Ask Yourself By Henri Junttila
- 5. The Renaissance Soul By Margaret Lobenstine
- 6. The Life You Were Born To Live: A Guide To Finding Your Life Purpose By Dan Millman
- 7. Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear By Elizabeth Gilbert
- 8. Careergasm: Find Your Way To Feel-Good Work By Sarah Vermunt
1. I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was: How To Discover What You Really Want And How To Get It By Barbara Sher With Barbara Smith
If you can dream it, you can do it. But what happens if you don’t even dream it? This book helps you uncover the dreams that you’ve hidden deep within you as you grew up and settled for a “proper job.” Once you’ve rekindled the spark, you can create a plan of action to get there. Because dreams do come true when you believe in them.
2. The Art Of Work: A Proven Path To Discovering What You Were Meant To Do By Jeff Goins
Just because you’re passionate about something, it doesn’t mean you should turn it into a career. I’m passionate about fashion, but I’m not that good at putting killer outfits together. Could I learn it? Yes. Should I? It doesn’t light me up enough for me to. Passion is an important part of the puzzle, but it’s not the whole story. Your purpose – or calling – lies at the intersection between your passion, skills, and values. It should be both fun and fulfilling. This book will help you separate your passions from your real calling – that thing that you can’t not do.
3. The Crossroads Of Should And Must: Find And Follow Your Passion By Elle Luna
This book is for everyone who feels torn between what they want to do and what they feel they should do. It’s about the internal struggle between doing what makes you happy and doing what everyone else expects from you. It uncovers the fears – money, time, failure – that come up whenever you think of following your passion and the incredible possibilities that open up when you do. You’re at a crossroad: which path will you choose?
4. Find Your Passion: 25 Questions You Must Ask Yourself By Henri Junttila
Deep down, your soul knows what you’re meant to do with your life. This short book has all the right questions to help you bring the answer to the surface. It’ll help you connect to your intuition, figure out what’s really holding you back, and tap into your personality to uncover your purpose, passion, and gifts. At the end of the book, you’ll know what your life purpose is and have a plan of action to get there.
Need more help to find your life purpose? Sign up to the newsletter below to receive the Purpose Finder Worksheet and get on the fast track to figure out what to do with your life:
5. The Renaissance Soul By Margaret Lobenstine
Does the thought of doing only one thing for the rest of your life bores you to death? If you’re a multipassionate soul with too many passions and no idea which one to choose, this book is for you. You’ll discover how to design a life and career involving multiple passions, so you can get paid for doing all the things you love.
6. The Life You Were Born To Live: A Guide To Finding Your Life Purpose By Dan Millman
What if your destiny was written in the stars? Not your conventional approach for sure, but if you’re willing to explore it, you’ll be amazed by how accurate the predictions here are. Based on numerology, the book uses important dates in your life to help you uncover your gifts, strengths, and life purpose. If nothing else, you’ll have a better understanding of yourself and your personality. That alone is enough to point you in the right direction.
7. Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear By Elizabeth Gilbert
This book is for all creative souls out there who are afraid to follow their calling. You’ll discover how to use curiosity to find your passion, overcome all the many fears that get in the way, and honour your gifts and talents so you can do the work you’re called to do in this world. Because a creative career doesn’t have to be scary.
8. Careergasm: Find Your Way To Feel-Good Work By Sarah Vermunt
Calling all aspiring career changers: are you stuck in a job you hate, but have no idea what to do next? This book is a manifesto for feel-good work, a roadmap to guide you there and a pep talk to inspire you to take action towards it. Because you deserve to do work that feels good every single day.
Over to you, now. What are the best book you’ve read on how to find your life purpose and passion? Share them in the comments below.